Macromedia Fireworks 4 Tutorial -
Inset Text is pretty easy in Macromedia Fireworks 4.
- Create a new canvas - 400x300 - your choice of color
- Create a rectangular shape with a PATTERN Fill - I chose
"Smear1" for my image.
- On the Effects Panel, choose Blur>Gaussian Blur>5
- Now add some TEXT to the canvas. Full, thick fonts will
work well. Fill with the same pattern as rectangular shape.
- With the text object still selected, choose Shadow/Glow>Inner
Glow from the Effects Panel. See my settings below.
- From the Effects Panel, now choose Inner Bevel>Inset Emboss.
- Crop, Trim or Fit your canvas. And that is it.
Here is one more experiment. By changing the fill color of the
canvas and text, and the pattern of the rectanular shape, it takes
on a whole new look.
One quick tip to remember, the
text should be darker than the outside area surrounding the text.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.
Page updated on
April 26, 2003
[Home] [Contact debbieT] [Free Backgrounds] [Xhtml & CSS Tutorials]
Copyright © 1999-2010
debbieT & DisDat Designs
Please do not copy or redistribute any graphics or tutorials.
Please do not link to any graphics. Personal use only. Thank you.